Monday 12 September 2016

Falling Petals

Falling

through

Empty.  Space.

I should have

known.

Am I just a Pitiable.  Stupid.

Fool?

An idiot in love?

I sound.  Pathetic.  Pitiful.
I see you.  Brilliant.  Beautiful.

There might be more fish in the sea, but I don't
want something so common, it can be found in any ocean.

I want something more.

Something special,
something unique.

My treasure,
my Pearl.

I

Wish.

You escaped from me.
Someone else will have to catch you.

Holding back a river.
Building dams to
restrain, rushing rapids.
Slowly the water trickles through cracks in my armour.

Do I care anymore?

I rip down the barriers and a waterfall of
emotion cascades from my eyes.

It takes a fool to realise too late.

I look up at you.

Towering.

Above.

Me.

A gorgeous rose.

You've grown from a pile of

dirt.

I'm still rooted.  In the Earth.

I tried climbing over your

blade

        sharp

                 thorns.

I was torn to

Bits.
And.
Pieces.

After I crashed.  Back down to Earth.
I noticed a

                 slow
                     
                         falling
   
                                    petal.

I grab onto it.
Hold it close.

It's all I have left.

*Author's Notes*

I took a shot and crashed and burned.  Dedicated to you.   Some of the lines here are song quotations, which I felt suited my situation, so all credit to them.  I structured the poem in this format on purpose and for dramatic emphasis.  That's why I experimented with enjambment and caesura.

No comments:

Post a Comment